1. Sacrifice nothing in this region. You’ll love the local café and restaurant scene. Coffee Basics, located in the old hospital, is a delicious option for quick catch up. Enjoy cake and coffee, or long relaxed lunches with friends at numerous eateries in Castlemaine, Maldon and Newstead. Experience the culture and history of this old goldfields area. Engage in the State Arts Festival. Visit local gardens for inspiration or simply head out bush walking along the Great Dividing Trail or along trails in the Muckleford State Forest.
2 Easily located in Central Victoria, the region is less than 90 minutes northwest of Melbourne this region and is served by a reliable, efficient, V/Line VLocity train service. Professionals have, for example, identified that they can enjoy a ‘tree change’ without losing access to professional networks, meetings, social events and professional development opportunities. 18 trains service Melbourne each day and the fare includes free zone 1& 2 travel and alleviates any need to find parking for the car.
3. Harcourt and neighbouring towns like Castlemaine and Maldon have a rich history that harks back to the gold rushes of the 1800s. You’ll love waking up here every day to country sounds. You’ll feel part of the rich tapestry of the past that can be experienced in this region. In this Harcourt region you will enjoy the Mt Alexander Food Trail, Mt Alexander Fruit Gardens , Mt Alexander Food and Wine Trail, Goldfields Track and the Mt Alexander Mountain Bike Loop. There are plans to construct a $1m world class mountain bike track on the edges of the mountain.
4. In this region you will have access to all the best amenities and professionals as well as excellent government services, communications and transport infrastructure. You’ve got the best of everything right here so you won’t have to give up your city comforts.
5. Hear that? Neither do we. Shut out the noise of the city and raise your family the way you’ve always wanted to. The Mount Alexander region is the best place in regional Victoria to give your kids space to run around, climb trees and explore. They’ll be exhausted at the end of the day after all that fresh air. That peace and quiet is sounding good, isn’t it?
6. You don’t have to give up the best education when you leave the big city. Everything you need to provide your kids with first-rate education and community based lifestyle is all but on your doorstep. The Castlemaine Steiner school is a popular draw card for families with young children.
7. If you remember a time when your neighbours were like a part of your family you’ll know how much better life was. Life IS like this in this area! Studies have shown that people who know and trust their neighbours are more likely to report better health.
8. There is support here from womb to tomb. Castlemaine Health and cooperating service meet the requirements of all age groups.
9. Whatever your fields of interest you will find kindred spirits in one or more of the numerous clubs and activity groups.